Nilagang buto-buto ng baboy or pork ribs stew is another simple soup dish in the Philippines. This Pinoy favorite dish is usually serve as main dish specially during rainy season.
1/2 kg buto-buto ng baboy
1 large onion, peeled and halved
1/2 tbsp whole black peppercorns
3 pieces saging na saba
1/4 kilo pechay
2 medium potatoes
1 tbsp fish sauce
salt to taste
1 liter water
1 to 2 pcs sweet corn
1/4 tbsp black pepper powder
How to cook Nilagang buto-buto ng baboy:
1. Put water, pork bones, onions, peppercorn and fish sauce in a cooking pot. With medium heat, bring to slow boil.
2. Cook until pork is tender, about one and a half hour to two hours or even longer.
3. Add little water to adjust its amount.
4. If pork is already tender, add saging na saba, sweet corn, and potatoes.
5. Season with salt to taste.
6. Add black pepper powder.
6. Cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add pechay. You may add water for more soup. Boil for another minute.